Best cat carrier
Do you like to bring your feline friend while traveling? If so, you should not settle for anything less than the best cat carrier to ensure that your cat is not only safe but also secure. But you’re probably asking, how do you figure out which is the right one? There are lot of carriers in the market and it can be confusing for a first time buyer.
Since buying can be very difficult and time consuming, we decided to conduct a thorough review of the best cat carriers. We take a look at their most important features and why they made the list.
Recommended Top 10 Cat Carrier Reviews
If you’re looking for safe, top-rated, and affordable cat career, you’re at the right place. After our research, testing, and consulting, we’ve found some great products.
Legendog Large Pet Carrier
The Legendog Large Pet is designed with portability in mind. It is equipped with a side tote strap, carrying handles or side tote strap so it’s easy to hold. Any of these handle designs make it easy for you to use with a rolling luggage for hands free handling.
The carrier is not only convenient but also safe to use. The side panels provide excellent circulation so he won’t have problems breathing. In addition, there is an oxford cloth area where you can put your mobile device. The content is not only secure but also within sight.
The carrier is not only comfortable to carry, but your cat will feel right at home. The interior is spacious so he won’t feel constricted. The bottom panel is rigid and sable, ideal if you’re taking your cat for a long journey.
The carrier measures 20 x 60 x 99 inches and can handle a maximum load of 10 kg / 22 pounds. Its feeding window is zippered for easy access. Combine this with the two pockets and it’s the complete package.
- Weighs only 5 pounds.
- The pet carrier has well made ventilation so your cat is comfortable.
- Its shoulder strap is adjustable so you can hook up the carrier onto a luggage handle for hands free use.
- The pet carrier has mesh handles so he is at ease inside the carrier.
- Its cashmere mat is soft so your cat won’t tire when you travel.
Pettom Pet Carrier for Dogs & Cats
The Pettom Pet Carrier is built with small pets in mind (up to 7 pounds). The carrier also meets the standards set by airlines so you’ll be able to use this without any hassle. The carrier also has a detachable travel bed so you’ll be able to wash it with ease. One of the more common problems with other carriers is they’re hard to maintain, but not this.
With the Pettom you just need to take out the travel bed and you’ll be able to clean it up quickly. It even comes with a belt buckle so you’ll be able to use it with your car’s sea5 belt. Apart from those features, the Pettom is very comfortable for pets so he won’t make a fuss when on the road with you.
The carrier is spacious but it isn’t heavy at all. Plus you can adjust the strap until you’re comfortable with it. While it is spacious enough for small cats, the unit is compact enough to place under the seat of a plane, in full compliance of airline regulations. Lastly, the mesh window ensures your cat has optimum ventilation and is easy to access.
- Available in different colors.
- The carrier meets airline specifications.
- There is sufficient ventilation so your cat won’t fret even if it’s a long journey.
- You can remove the fleece travel bed for easy cleaning.
- The shoulder strap is padded for comfort while you’re carrying it.
Pawfect Pets Pet Travel Carrier
The Pawfect carrier was manufactured according to the highest standards so it will hold up to heavy duty use. At 17 1/2 x 10 x 11 inches, these specs are the largest which airlines permit. These dimensions are more than sufficient for small cats for which this carrier was built for. While the carrier is spacious, the carrier is still compact enough to put under an airline seat.
The Pawfect specs are accepted in the major airlines such as Southwest, Delta, American Airlines and more. The design is ideal for small cats because it’s going to keep them secure while you travel. This carrier has also been reinforced so your cat won’t be able to claw his way out of this.
The mesh on the four sides and the top has been upgraded from the previous ones. These are fortified polyester and been built to withstand aggressive or playful cats. At the same time, the carrier provides a lot of airflow and ventilation so it looks and feels strong. The feel is nothing like what you’d get with low quality pet carriers. The carrier also has quick access openings so you’ll have an easier time putting your cat in.
- Meets the demands of airlines and pet safety travel.
- Comes with fortified mesh for extra protection and comfort.
- The dimensions are the biggest which airlines allows so there’s plenty of space.
- Integrated fleece ensures your cat doesn’t experience discomfort while on it.
Petmate Two Door Top Load Kennel
The Petmate Load Kennel is a no frills carrier designed for small cats, though the interior provides room for a small dog as well. For cats no more than 15 inches long and 7 inches high, the carrier has more than enough space.
One of the more common complaints with pet carries is they aren’t built to last. In contrast, the Petmate is designed for long term use. Thanks to its two door design it’s more convenient to access your cat even when you’re traveling. Its ergonomic handle also becomes a factor here especially if you need to lift the carrier for long periods.
There are a lot of good features on this carrier, but what really stands out is its two door construction since it makes it easy to put your cat in. Thanks to its size our cat can sit in the carrier comfortably or stretch if he wants to. With the way the carrier has been put together, your cat will feel comfortable inside even on long trips.
- The carrier is made of plastic and steel for extra strength.
- The Petmate design makes it easy to see your cat while keeping him secure.
- The construction is suitable for small cats and dogs.
- The carrier has two doors for quick and easy access to your pet.
- The ergonomic handle makes it more comfortable to carry around.
OxGord Airline Approved Pet Carrier
The OxGord carrier is designed for cats up to 10 pounds, and it has a bind and unwind element which gives quick access to your cat. While the carrier places emphasis on security, it does not compromise when it comes to comfort. Its travel bed is soft and comfortable so he doesn’t fret.
You can also remove the travel bed for easy cleaning later. Just remove the travel bed, clean it up and it’s ready for use. It’s not just your pet who’ll be comfortable however, as you can adjust the shoulder strap so you’ll be comfortable when carrying it.
The carrier also comes with a lost and found tag in case there is an emergency. There are also compartments in the carrier, and it’s a nice touch as you can use them to store cat treats, toys and other items.
The carrier is very effective as a means of transport. Not only is your cat secure but he’s also comfy. There is plenty of ventilation inside so you don’t have to worry about airflow. We also want to point out that it comes with a safety buckle for seat belt use.
- The carrier meets the requirements of airlines
- It comes with a detachable fleece for easy cleaning.
- The secure design ensures easy access to your cat without fear of escape.
- You can adjust the shoulder strap.
- The carrier comes with durable, comfortable materials for optimum airflow.
AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier
In spite of the name there is nothing basic about this carrier. It has a maximum wight capacity of 16 pounds and the interior is roomy enough for your cat. The AmazonBasics provides adjustable shoulder straps so it’s not going to be a burden to carry.
The carrier offers lots of space so your cat won’t feel cramped while he’s in it. At the same time the carrier doesn’t go beyond the limits of what airlines allow for pet carriers Do you want to bring your pet during flight? No worries as the unit fits right under your seat.
Compared to other carriers, the AmazonBasics is lighter even if your cat’s inside. Even hard plastic can be a pain to carry, so it’s good to know Amazon took note of this. The carrier also lives up to the hype of being easy to clean up. The fleece bed is soft so he should feel right at home here.
Finally, the side and top openings gives you convenient access to your pet without sacrificing security.
- The carrier comes in three sizes (small, medium, large) so you can find one for your cat.
- Its shoulder strap and carry handles are adjustable so you won’t feel discomfort even if your cat is in it.
- The fleece bed is machine washable for easy maintenance and cleanup.
- The carrier conforms to all major airline requirements concerning pet travel containers.
Ferplast Atlas 10 Cat and Dog Carrier
The Atlas 10 is a durable pet carrier designed with your cat’s – and your – convenience in mind. When it comes to pet carriers we basically look for two things, security and comfort, and that’s what provided here. The door and the rest of the body is made of hard plastic so it’s light yet sturdy.
The side locks are solid and secure, and its ergonomic handle won’t tire your wrist. The carrier is also light mainly due to the fact that it is made of plastic, but it’s got a durable feel to it. The Atlas 10 also offers good ventilation via its grills so it doesn’t feel hot inside. While the unit is built for heavy duty use, it is comfortable enough for cats who don’t travel much.
The carrier needs some assembly, but the instructions are easy enough to follow. In fact by just looking at the components you can guess which components go where. All the parts apart from the gate are plastic but they’re durable.
- The Atlas 10 is made of durable materials, making it ideal for use in long term travel.
- The carrier is built in accordance with the highest safety standards so ensure your cat is secure.
- The carrier comes with an ergonomic handle so you’ll be able to use it with convenience.
- The sturdy plastic used for its construction provides a nice balance between security and safety.
- The Atlas 10 also provides plenty of ventilation.
IRIS Deluxe Pet Travel Carriers
The IRIS carrier is designed for one-handed operation so it’s easy to open and close. Once you put your cat inside he will be safe and secure. The carrier has a 25 pound wight capacity and with dimensions of 14.7 x 21 inches, there is more than enough space for your cat.
Food and water trays are included so you can feed him while on the road. Once he’s done, you take out the trays and clean them. Its carrying handle can also be folded for your convenience so it doesn’t get in the way while you work. Whether it is from a short visit to the vet or a road trip.
The carrier is an all-purpose container. While it is designed mainly for transportation, you can also use it as a crate or kennel for small puppies. The comfortable yet durable built also means you’ll be able to use this for house training your cat. The carrier top can also be removed and used as a base for your cat’s bed.
- The carrier is available in three sizes (small, extra small and medium) to accommodate your pet’s size.
- The carrier has a weight capacity of 25 pounds.
- The carrier also comes with a detachable food and water tray.
- It has a folding carry handle so you won’t have a hard time transporting the carrier.
- The IRIS carrier has sufficient ventilation so your cat feels comfortable inside.
Next Level Pet Soft Sided Carrier
The Next Level Pet Carrier is built for cats an other small pets weighing up to 18 pounds. Unlike other flimsy pet carriers, Next Level put premium on durability, using 900D polyester to ensure it lasts. The material is also combined with special leather to ensure its durability.
A detachable leash is included with the carrier in case you need it, and the name badge is a nice touch. The shoulder strap is adjustable so it won’t be difficult to carry this even if your cat in it. Speaking of carrying, the carrier meets the demands of airlines so you’ll be able to use this without any issues. Just put your cat in the bag and put it under the seat of your plane.
A well designed cat carrier needs to have strong ventilation and that’s what you have here. Your cat will be at ease in the carrier since there is sufficient airflow and finally, the fleece bed is removable so you can clean it up afterwards.
- The carrier is made of heavy duty 900D polyester.
- It has a weight capacity of up to 18 pounds.
- Apart from the carrier you also get a leash, ID badge and a removable fleece bed.
- This is a TSA approved carrier so you can use this on all major airlines.
- The mesh is strong but durable but provides plenty of ventilation.
Sheraton Luxuries Pet Carriers
The Sheraton is a lightweight pet carrier which comes with portability, safety and security in mind. Its top load design means it’s easier to open and put/remove your cat. The sizable opening also means your cat doesn’t have to squeeze himself just to get in.
The Sheraton does not require assembly so it’s ready for use right out of the box. Its solid construction also means it’s not going to come down on your cat while he’s inside. You also don’t have to mess around with zippers either as the carrier is built for convenience.
The spacious interior means you’ll be able to place your cat in here without a lot of effort. The durable construction also means he can’t claw his way out nor pry the door open. That is usually the problem with mesh carriers, but that won’t be of any concern with the Sheraton.
Last but not the least, the Sheraton open air slots provide ventilation so your cat won’t feel like he’s trapped.
- The carrier has an easy to open design so you can quickly put your cat inside.
- The unit does not need assembly so you can use it right away.
- It has open air slots so ventilation won’t be a concern.
- This is designed in such a way you can easily buckle this onto your car.
- This is a low maintenance carrier which means it is easy to clean up.
How to Choose the Best one into the market
Choose a carrier that is large enough for your cat. There must be enough room for him to turn around, stretch and stand without having to hunch over. When reading product dimensions, take note the figures for the interior space and exterior dimensions.
Apart from the size, the carrier needs to have a stable and comfortable surface so he’ll be at ease in case it’s a long trip. You should also check the weight capacity to ensure it is heavy enough for your cat. More than the weight however you need to account for his length.
A good carrier must provide the right balance between capacity and portability. The carrier needs to be strong enough to hold your cat in while being portable. Look for a carrier that has carry handles or an adjustable shoulder strap so you’ll be more comfortable while carrying it.
This one is obvious but it must be mentioned anyway. The carrier needs to have a secure door so he won’t be able to accidentally open and it doesn’t slip while you carry it. A well designed carrier also provides him with good air circulation so he’’ll be able to breathe easily inside. The more safety the carrier has, the better.
4. Essential Features
Essential features is a matter of personal preference and depends on what you’re going to use the carrier for. If you’re going to bring your cat during travels, make sure the carrier is compliant with transport regulations.
You may also consider a feeding window so you’ll be able to provide for him in case it’s a long journey. A well made carrier doesn’t just have a cat feeder but one that’s designed so you’ll be able to feed him without compromising access.
It’s hard to emphasize how crucial it is to have the right type of carrier for your cat. It is tempting to buy any pet carrier you find online. However you will benefit more by doing research and making sure you’ve got the right product. By spending time studying your options, you will know which carrier is suitable for your cat.
A cat carrier is more than just a means for transporting him. A well designed carrier ensures he’ll be comfortable and safe. With the products here however, you can be confident that whichever you choose it’s going to be worth it.